Haba Haba Sweet Potato Curry
Servings 4 Chef Marina Ivlev of Los Angeles takes us on a trip to India with this flavorful vegetarian one-pot meal. Looking for Garam Masala paste? We like Patak brand which can be found in the international aisle of most supermarkets.
- 1medium sweet potato or yam peeled and cubed
- 1medium yellow squash cubed
- 1medium onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1thumb ginger peeled and minced
- 1/4cup garam masala paste
- 1/4 - 1/2cup Haba Haba Hot Sauce depending on desired heat
- 112 oz. can garbanzo beans drained
- 112 oz. can coconut milk
- 1cup chicken stock or water
- 3tbsp. cooking oil
- 1small handful sliced almonds
- 1large handful large frozen peas
- 1small bunch fresh cilantro leaves picked and stems chopped
- yogurt (optional)
- basmati rice cook according to package
- Naan (optional)
- Heat oil in large pan. Add sweet potato and saute on medium low for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add onion, garlic, cilantro stems, and ginger. Saute for 3 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Add garam masala and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, garbanzo beans, chicken stock, and Haba Haba Hot Sauce. Stir in squash, frozen peas, and almonds.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until squash has softened.
- Taste and season with salt. Serve over basmati rice with a dollop of yogurt, cilantro leaves, and warm naan bread. Enjoy!